How to Send and Receive Hotmail from Your Gmail Account
If you have created multiple user IDs with different email providers such as Hotmail, Outlook, Gmail, Rediff mail etc., one of the common problems that you would have faced is you would have had trouble remembering which email was sent to which email address that you have created for yourself. At such times, the most common solution that you can think of is receiving the all your emails from even different email account into one email account. Thus if you wished to receive emails from your Hotmail account into your Gmail account, it can be possible to do just that by simply following a few steps.
- Open Gmail on your computer’s browser.
- Login into your Gmail account by entering your username and password.
- Select the option named ‘settings’ located in the left hand corner.
- Among the varied options displayed in settings, search for ‘account’ and click on it to display further options in accounts.
- The second option in accounts would be to ‘get mail from other accounts’. So click on the option located on its right to add the email address of that particular account.
- Next we need to correctly configure imap Hotmail settings. The POP3 settings for the email address is pop3.live.com
- The port value is set out to 995. Also ensure that the check box for using secure encryption or SSL connection is checked off.
- Click on the tab named “add account” to add the account to Gmail.
- Thereafter you would see the dialogue box stating that your Hotmail email address has been added to Gmail. Below it will be an option for you to choose. The option is whether you would wish to send emails from your Hotmail address.
- Next, Gmail will have to perform a verification check to see if the account does exist. Gmail would send a verification email to your Hotmail address with a confirmation code.
- After entering the verification or the confirmation code, press ‘verify’.
- Your Gmail account has now been configured for sending and receiving all the emails that you receive in your Hotmail account.
However If you face any kind of difficulty during this process, you can get in touch with the representatives by calling on the Hotmail toll free number. The Hotmail technical support number is also available for you in case you wish to directly speak to the tech support representatives.